Helping businesses and organizations achieve Triple Bottom Line
Advanced Standard Work (3-hour Class)
Once you move past the basic lean concepts of flow, pull and value, the next step is to get into more advanced concepts of “standard work,” which goes far beyond creating standard operating procedures (SOPs) and documenting what is done within a process.
Upon completion of the workshop, you will be able to:
– calculate takt time
– identify process steps that are above takt time
– change the process steps to be closer to each other, in a cellular layout
– level load (balance) the process to stay below takt
– reduce waste and inefficiency in a process
– add standard/strategic WIP to maintain flow
– reduce processing time through use of work combination sheets
When completing these steps, your process will be able to maintain the pace and demand of your customer requests in less time. This can free up resources to work in other areas.
We will use a simulation to help teach and practice the concepts of standard work.
Here is a good overview video from my friend, Brent Weichers, about the basics of standardized work