B Corporations and Sustainable Businesses
Traditional Medicinals – Facilitated 5S event to improve flow in lab, reduce distance traveled, and increase floor space
The Renewal Workshop – Training and consulting to improve production output and increase employee engagement. Conducted 3-hour Lean course and supported kaizen blitzes.
Green Banana Paper – Consulted on-site for 5 weeks with small manufacturer in Kosrae to improve metrics, workflow and efficiencies with challenging infrastructure and workforce availability.
Provided APQP/PPAP Training and Workshop, which helped them achieve customer approval for new product
TMI (WIN Plastics) – Mentoring and statistical analysis to identify and reduce variation in film
Thompson Duke Industrials – Lean Assessment and Strategy to help them increase production and streamline office processes in growing Cannabis industry
Collins Aerospace (formerly Rockwell Collins) – Spent 18 years implementing Lean and Six Sigma at all US manufacturing facilities
Sutro Biopharma – Led kaizen event to reduce time to release and manufacture extracts
Chaucer Foods – Trained 10 employees in Six Sigma Green Belt and mentored projects
Tesla – Trained supervisors and managers in 4-day Lean course and 9-day Green Belt training, and provided project support. Plans for additional training in 2021.
Logistics and Warehousing
Johnstone Supply – Training on Lean Six Sigma, and workshop on reducing defects and errors in warehouse. Developing and rolling out process improvement program across organization
Children’s Council of San Francisco – Supported Lean coaching for certification, and will conduct event facilitation in 2021
The Rebuilding Center – Improve flow in hardware donation area (including coordination of volunteer event), establish metrics for wood processing area, analyze new position for impact on sales, recommend ideas for improving improvement culture
Oregon Entrepreneurs Network – Lean improvements to reduce overhead costs, reduce waiting, and improve communications, and implementation of 5S and kanban boards to manage events
Free Geek – Supported Lean improvements to increase flow of laptop reuse in community from 100 to 400 laptops per month
ACHC – Facilitated kaizen event to improve follow up on open actions for hospitals and clinic accreditation process
Central City Concern – Facilitated kaizen event to improve the new hire on-boarding process so employees have everything they need on Day 1
Relay Resources – Helped them optimize the flow of light manufacturing services with workers with barriers to employment
Northwest Education Assessment (NWEA) – Taught Green Belt training to support staff to improve services to customers
Habitat for Humanity Restore – Collected data to help improve flow of donations through warehouse, and provided training on Lean concepts like one piece flow and 5S
Colleges and Universities
Southern University – Taught a 2-day online Yellow Belt training class
Vestas – Online webinar training series (DMAIC)
City of Ocala Electric Utility – Taught 6-day online Green Belt course and project support.
Georgia Healthcare Group (EVEX) – 5 day Lean Six Sigma training to leadership team, virtual consulting for creating an improvement program with deployment team
Community Anticoagulation Therapy (CAT) Clinic – Lean Six Sigma Black Belt project to improve medication management within clinic and reduce dosage changes. Wrote a grant summary paper for AHRQ about our project
King Abdulaziz Medical City (Saudi Arabia) – Anticoagulation statistical analysis for assessing patient management processes
T-mobile – Conducted on-site Green Belt training in Bothell, WA
National Camp Series – Database development, KIX rating system, statistical analysis
“Our placekicker is out of control” – Article in ASQ Quality Progress magazine (July 2005)
Mentoring and Coaching
I have also had the pleasure to coach and mentor many people from different companies and organizations indirectly.
B Corporations and Sustainable Businesses
- Oly Kraut – Increase yields on production batches
- Virtual Senior Center Selfhelp – Sustainability project mentoring to increase partnership process
- Rise Against Hunger – Project to improve accuracy of inventory numbers, to reduce space, improve cash flow, and risk of wasted food. Taught online Intro to Excel course.
- State of Washington Department of Ecology – Provided Lean Six Sigma and the Environment training to staff. Working on a Lean and Green coaching program for businesses in 2021.
- Bureau of Labor and Statistics – Project to reduce time and paperwork for performing business assessments. Read case study
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services – Helped new employee develop onboarding booklet to each process for next hire
- City of Sugar Land (TX) – Improving fleet preventative maintenance compliance
Food, Beverage and Agriculture
- Stormbreaker Brewery – Sustainability project mentoring for management decision making and employee feedback
- AGCO (Ag Equipment) – Lean project mentoring to reduce time for creating reports
- CLIF Bar – Helped reduce variation in bar sizes from suppliers
- New Balance – Mentored project to reduce time to photograph shoes for catalogs
- Adverum – Taught 4-hour Root Cause Analysis course
- Adel Wiggins – Trained online Yellow Belt course
- Roseburg Forest Products – Green Belt project mentoring to increase product yields, which saved thousands of dollars
- Clearwater Paper – Reduce variation and optimize brightness levels of paper based on chemical and process settings
- Kodiak Roofing – Trained two 1-day customized White Belt courses
- CenturyLink – Improve billing process for major customers
Biotech and Medical
- BD – Improve prediction of spectrometer readings based on powder provided and tested from suppliers
Want to learn more about Lean and Six Sigma tools, and apply them to an improvement projects? Check out these low-cost online courses and certification programs
Earn a 33% commission for selling our digital products. Learn more
Let us sell your products on our store. Learn more