Co-written by Six Sigma Black Belts and LEED Accredited Professionals, this pioneering guide reveals how to use the power of Six Sigma to develop and implement enterprise-wide green initiatives. Six Sigma Sustainability explains how typical Six Sigma DMAIC structures such as program governance, project charters, transfer functions, measurement systems, risk assessment, and process design support environmentally sound business practices.
Real-world examples demonstrate how specific problems in areas such as carbon emissions, energy conservation, materials recycling, water use, and finance can be solved using Six Sigma tools. The detailed information in this practical resource helps you to deliver innovative programs that simultaneously reduce environmental impact and create business value.
- Developing the business case for necessary investments in sustainability
- Sustainability leadership and the collaborative management model
- Applying the Six Sigma transfer function framework to identify critical drivers of success
- Sustainability measurement and reporting
- Designing a change management strategy and leveraging teams using the Six Sigma DMAIC framework
- Managing corporate real estate portfolios in compliance with green initiatives
- Case studies that show how to use Six Sigma methodologies to improve sustainability functions
- Design for Six Sigma–using the House of Quality and other essential Six Sigma design tools
- Stakeholder management–best practices for driving adoption of high quality solutions