Did you know that Lean Six Sigma certification can increase your pay, boost your resume and help you get exposure for other job opportunities?
- Boost in Salary
Many Green Belts have received pay raises and new opportunities after getting certified.
Green Belt certification can increase your salary by an average of $16,000 USD (ASQ survey), based on comparisons with individuals who do not have any Six Sigma certification. This can also move you towards a Black Belt certification, which can increase your salary an additional $15,000 to $20,000 USD.
If your organization doesn’t give you a pay raise, and you cannot find other higher-paying opportunities within the organization, consider looking outside where certification will be more respected and valued.
Completion of the training, project and certification will look great on your end-of-year performance review, and give your resume a boost. Certified Green Belts have received other benefits like stock options, special project assignments, better access to leadership, and public recognition from leadership in all-hands meetings or internal emails and newsletters.
- Internal job opportunities
Gain valuable exposure by sharing your project success with upper management, and showing how you contribute to the bottom line of the organization. When new opportunities open up, they will be looking for someone like you who can deliver results in a more structured and methodical way.
In order to complete a certification, you will need to implement an improvement project in your organization, to show that you can apply the tools and techniques to a real-life situation.
To give you an idea of what a project looks like, here are some examples of Lean Six Sigma projects that have been applied in various industries:
- Reducing Hiring Time for Illinois Tollway from 10 months to 36 days
- Reducing paperwork and labor for collecting business data at BLS
- King County Reduces Travel Expense Approval Time by 94%
- City of San Antonio Increased Payments for Street Maintenance
- Examples of Lean Six Sigma Successes in Brevard County (FL)
If this sounds interesting to you, we have three options for you, depending on how much assistance you need from us.
Do It With Me (Coaching)
We offer a 16-week coaching program to help you implement a Lean Six Sigma DMAIC project at your organization.
At the end of the 16 weeks, you will:
- Complete the Lean Six Sigma online self-paced course – we will help you stay on track with progress goals each week
- Complete a Lean Six Sigma improvement project with tangible results to your organization within 4-6 months
- Receive a Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification – depending on the project and training you select
- Receive guidance on how to identify another project or expand Lean Six Sigma to other parts of your organization
- Learn from other organizations going through the same journey as you (group coaching)
We will offer this coaching program twice throughout the year, in the Spring (between February and June), and in the Fall (between August and December).
The cost is $4995 for your project team (up to 3 people in your organization). We will meet for 2 hours each week for the 16 weeks. You will be asked to complete the weekly online training, and work on your project, and report on your progress to hold you accountable to getting it done. We are all busy, so this accountability is important for getting through the program. Only 25% of candidates get through the entire certification program when they try to do it themselves on their own. They get overwhelmed at work with other priorities, and they quickly fall behind.
We will GUARANTEE that you and your team members will finish your project and achieve your certification, as long as you attend the coaching sessions, complete the training, and put in the effort on your project between sessions.
Interested? The next step is to schedule a call to discuss project ideas (here are some ideas to consider) and make sure you are a good fit for the program.
This is a great option for those working at a company that will invest in your training, but want to see the payback from that investment. We can almost guarantee that your project will save or avoid more than the cost of this program, so it should be a low-risk decision for your organization.
Do It Yourself (DIY)
If you’d like to try to do this on your own, that’s great! You can sign up for a Green Belt certification and training program with OpEx Training, and you will receive 2 hours of one-on-one coaching with me.
- Choose either Green Belt (SigmaXL) or Green Belt (Minitab) course
- Both software programs provide a 30-day free trial
- Add the Green Belt Certification Review
- You will receive access to the online training, and you can schedule time for a coaching call when you need help
The program will cost $299 for the training and $200 for the certification review ($499 total). You can also consider a Black Belt certification program for $499 for the training and $350 for the certification review ($849 total).
This is the best option for those on a budget, and cannot get their current company to pay for any training.
Do It For Me (Consulting)
If you don’t have the time but have an important project you need resolved, and would prefer that I run the improvement project for you, I would be happy to assist! You will still receive the same options with our coaching program, but I will be leading the project instead of you, and the cost will be higher. Please contact us for pricing options.
This is a good option for those who are already certified, or those who have an important project needing to be resolved right away and cannot wait to complete it through a formal coaching program.
|Features||Do It Yourself (DIY)||Help Me (Coaching)||Do It For Me (Consulting)|
|Online Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Course (self-paced)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|1-on-1 Calls||2 hours||4 hours||32+ hours|
|Group Coaching Calls (2 hours each week with other orgs)||0||16||0|
|Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification upon completion of training and project||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Number of team members per project from your organization||1||1-3||1-3|
|Guidance for expanding Lean Six Sigma in your organization||N/A||Yes||Yes|
Book time to discuss
Not sure how to pay for this? Here are some ideas to consider:
- Will your company pay for it? Many people are surprised to find out what their company will cover. Career development is a great way for companies to show investment in their people, and will increase the chances that they will stay with the company longer. There are also some grants and tax breaks companies can get for training that may offset or cover the costs.
- Will your company reimburse you upon completion? We can almost guarantee that your project will pay for the coaching program, which makes it a low-risk option for your company.
- Will your company offer a bonus or pay raise upon completion? Maybe there are other ways they can cover the expenses indirectly (might have issues directly reimbursing for training).
- Will you be able to leverage this certification for a promotion, pay raise or new job elsewhere? If so, your investment in yourself will pay off in the near future.
- If you are paying for it yourself, we might be able to offer a payment plan, so you don’t have to pay all at once upfront. Contact us to learn more.
Here is a good article with 9 tips for getting your company to pay for training
Other Questions? You can contact me if you would like to learn more about these options above…