Setup time is everywhere!
Learn how to reduce setup times, get front line staff to buy-in to change, accelerate turn-around time to eliminate delays, and standardize shift start-ups and employee hand-off’s!
This two-hour Lean training kit comes with 3 Lean Video’s, and teaches you how to conduct a Setup reduction or SMED Kaizen event.
Also, learn how to:
- operate a stop watch
- conduct an observational study with a clipboard & excel study sheets
- identify & time each task as Value, Essential or Non-Value added
- work as a team to analyze and brainstorm lean solutions
- separate internal vs external activity
What You get…The Bottom Line :
- A hands-on training methodology and instruction. Thousands of people at all levels and various industries have used this proven methodology!
- 1 to 3 hours of inexpensive & fun business training for 4 to 20 students
- Ability to use everything in this kit during your next setup type Kaizen event (including excel tools, clipboards & stopwatches)!
- A chance to make good coffee and learn!
- A sturdy reusable kit that will outlast training your entire organization (as long as you buy extra coffee & creamer)
- 20 minutes of phone support to get you going
“We reduced surgical room turnover time 75%, from 2.5 hours to 35 min”
“We reduced a machine’s changeover time 70%, from 20 to 6 hours (pineapple & drink can machines) and gained one month of annual capacity”
The Kit Includes:
- 1 aluminum professional transport case with convenient organization for more than 30 items
- 14 oz and 120 volt coffee maker
- 6 items to enjoy good coffee (coffee, creamer, travel mug, filters, measuring devices)
- Several items for ‘just in case’ (15′ extension cord, towels, zip-lock bags)
- A dozen analysis/observation tools to learn and then apply ‘real time’ (enough for 4 [2-person] teams [8 people] including stopwatches, calculator clipboards, pens, Excel Kaizen tools & time study sheets)
- if you have more than 8 students, you supply additional stopwatches and clipboards
- 2 page Training ‘Cheat Sheet’ and extensive 5 page trainer instructions with minute by minute and facilitation details
- The most famous Lean Setup video “building a 4 hour house” (25 min length)
- Observing a Nascar Pit Crew video and airline gate video – A unique Setup activity and interactive video questionnaire on Gemba! (15 min length)
- Electronic files with all training instructions, Excel Kaizen tools & time study sheets, 4 hour house video, Nascar Pit Crew Video, Airline Gate Video, and Trainer Questionnaire