The minimum score to achieve certification is 80, and I achieved an 88.7
However, I wanted to improve my scores to show improvement each year, and make sure I don’t slip and fall under 80 (or become at risk if the minimum score is increased above 80). I set an arbitrary goal of 95, which seemed achievable at the time, but also not simple or easy.
Although the B Lab website offers suggestions on what areas to improve, they might not know what realistic improvements are most applicable to my business.
He developed a process to download the assessment score data, prioritize the opportunities, and review them for applicability.
- Download excel spreadsheet of completed full assessment with scores from B Lab website
- Calculate gap between points awarded and total available points for all questions and categories
- Review gap scores and find which questions will be realistically easy to improve upon
- Prioritize opportunities based on effort of changes and monetary considerations. Identify realistic
areas for change that have the most points
- Develop action plan to change scores, once desired changes are finalized
- Implement plan and track progress of question improvement
- Rescore assessment with new answers to identified questions
Together, we agreed to work on a few actions to increase scores by 4.7 points, which would achieve a revised score of 93.3.
The entire project took only 13 hours to complete, and will be finalized during the reassessment in a couple years.
Check out the scores I did improve upon this project summary report…
B Corp Assessment Score Improvement Project for BPI – June 2018
If you would like us to help you improve your B Corp score, contact us for more information.
Want to learn more about Lean and Six Sigma tools, and apply them to an improvement projects? Check out these low-cost online courses and certification programs
Earn a 33% commission for selling our digital products. Learn more
Let us sell your products on our store. Learn more