Sigma Black Belts and Master Black Belts often have too much on their plate, especially when there aren’t many other Black Belts in your organization.
Here are some resources that you can use to be more efficient and effective, giving you more time to spend coaching and mentoring your Green and Black Belts.
- Project Tracking System – Free web-based DMAIC project tracking system, with email reminders for overdue milestones and actions, and upload required artifacts and documents with each phase. This will help you keep projects on track and increase the chance of success.
- Green Belt Exam Reminder System – Free reminders sent to Green and Black Belts planning to take the ASQ exam. The emails will provide tips, tricks, materials, and expected progress for key dates and milestones leading up to the ASQ exam, so you don’t have to remember to stay in touch with your mentees and make sure they are staying on track.
- Lean Six Sigma News – Stay up to date on the latest Lean and Six Sigma trends, tips and tricks. Top blogs, articles, tweets and posts from the top experts and consultants across the web, all displayed on one webpage with no effort.
- Lean Six Sigma Skills Assessment – Use this assessment tool to provide your mentees with a way to evaluate their skills and experience on a 1-10 rating scale, based on four major categories: Lean, Six Sigma, DfSS and Soft Skills.
- Training Material Powerpoint Templates – Download powerpoint training templates to avoid wasting time creating training material from scratch. Simply add your company logo, review the slide notes, and you’re ready to teach topics such as: DFSS, Control Charts, Capability Analysis, 5S, Lean Six Sigma, Cost of Poor Quality, and Root Cause Analysis.
- Facilitation Tools – Order items to help you facilitate lean events, such as resusable dry erase sheets, post-it notes, clipboards, VSM data box templates, and more.
Here are some new resources we are working on this year:
Training and Event Reminder System – For each class you teach or event you conduct, setup a checklist to send email reminders as your event or class progresses towards the date. Tasks such as:
- Check attendance list/sign ups (2 weeks prior)
- Get approval from event champion (3 weeks prior)
- Print training materials (1 week prior)
- Send reminder email and attachments to attendees (2 days prior)
- Send contact information to event attendees (1 day after)
- Send survey to class attendees (2 days after)
UPDATE 7/5/14: The class reminder system is now up and running! Check it out at LeanSixSigmaProjects.com >>>
Cause and Effect Prioritization Matrix – Project hopper tool to prioritize projects based on customized criteria and ranking scores, to help determine the best Green and Black Belt projects to work on.
If you are interested in the new tools, sign up for our mailing list to get notified when they are released. If you have other resources you need to make your job easier or more effective, post your ideas below in the comments.
Want to learn more about Lean and Six Sigma tools, and apply them to an improvement projects? Check out these low-cost online courses and certification programs
Earn a 33% commission for selling our digital products. Learn more
Let us sell your products on our store. Learn more